May 2011-May 2013

Kevin has been called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He has been assigned to labor in the Brazil Londrina Mission for two years and will be teaching the gospel in the Portuguese language. Kevin will not be using the internet while serving as a missionary. This site will be updated by me, his mom, as I recieve his weekly email letters and pictures. Enjoy!

Monday, December 24, 2012

Owls and Christmas Cakes


You got my pictures? Cool. These type of owls live everywhere here in Paraná (the name of the state where I’m in) they are those kinds of owls that live in burrows in the ground.
I remember Owls in the family, I loved those stories! I remember that dad would read it to us in the living room on Sunday afternoons. Also he made us read a little when his voice got tired. I think it’s one of the reasons that everyone in the family grew up to love to read.  It´s interesting here in Brazil, books are expensive so people rarely read.  When people don’t have a habit of reading society as a whole decays. The only book people read here is the bible. And in the bible they only read psalms and proverbs.

I’m gonna Skype you guys at 5pm my time. Thank you for preparing questions, I feel awkward when I have nothing to say.

This Sunday a bunch of members gave us Christmas cakes and candy, I've gained about 3 kilos in this area so far, it´s what I get for serving in a richer ward.

We have 3 couples here that we are helping to get married. One is a couple that me and Elder P found 1 year ago and baptized their two daughters. Another is one we baptized the two kids two weeks ago. The last is a couple that we have been working with for like three months, R and C. C finished reading the Book of Mormon recently! But also hasn’t stopped smoking. . .


I like it here in Londrina, the only annoying thing is that when missionaries are sick or there is an emergency transfer they always sleep in our house or president makes them work in a trio with us. Teaching in a trio is really annoying. But it’s also good so that me and Elder P don’t get tired of each other. At the end of this transfer it will be 6 months that we worked together. Or one fourth of our missions. It’s weird to think about. Also weird to think about is that this will be my last call home! For mother’s day i can talk to you all in person  


Love you all!

-Elder Leete