May 2011-May 2013

Kevin has been called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He has been assigned to labor in the Brazil Londrina Mission for two years and will be teaching the gospel in the Portuguese language. Kevin will not be using the internet while serving as a missionary. This site will be updated by me, his mom, as I recieve his weekly email letters and pictures. Enjoy!

Monday, April 2, 2012

General Conference- Spectacular!


Mon 4/2/2012 8:16 AM

Hello family!

Conference weekend was spectacular for me! Along with learning that everything is all well at home (thanks for the picture dad, that’s the best smile I’ve seen on R in months) The conference talks really were spectacular.

I don’t know if I’m getting more spiritual or if our general authorities are, because I really enjoyed this conference. I got to watch all four normal sessions and will download the priesthood session today to listen to it. I’m learning more and more that really General conference when used correctly is really just one more channel (super powerful one) to receive personal revelation.

As missionaries we try to help our investigators receive personal revelation, they receive through
-Missionary Lessons
-Prayer
-reading the Book of Mormon
-Going to church

when they have a desire, a broken heart, contrite spirit and real intent they receive and answer. Every single one of them.

I’ve found that these same principles apply to us.  Just trade "missionary lessons" with "Family Lessons".

We receive personal revelation through spiritual promptings: they can be testifying of the basic truth (God exists, he calls prophets, Joseph Smith, Book of Mormon, etc.) or enlightens our understanding (gives us "light bulb" moments) or comforts us with the holy ghost to know that everything is okay, or he simply tells us he loves us, and fills us with love to do good to others.

When we learn to seek out these opportunities and record and remember personal revelation is when we become better people and really apply the gospel of Jesus Christ and become happy.

I know this is true in the name of Jesus Christ, amém.

I’m all out of time again! I love you all! Send me the memory card so I can get you guys more pictures, but not to this address where I’m at, it won’t get here in time for the transfers probably.

Love you all!
-Elder Leete