May 2011-May 2013

Kevin has been called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He has been assigned to labor in the Brazil Londrina Mission for two years and will be teaching the gospel in the Portuguese language. Kevin will not be using the internet while serving as a missionary. This site will be updated by me, his mom, as I recieve his weekly email letters and pictures. Enjoy!

Monday, April 9, 2012

11 MONTHS!


I had a great week too, we have been working hard this week and we found a really great family that went to church yesterday and accepted the invite to be baptized next Sunday! There really are people that are ready to be members of the church; the only hard part is finding them.

Congrats for Courtney and her cowboy, it's weird for me to think that everyone from the ward that I've known for so long are getting all married off and spreading out in the world.

What’s been really weird this week is to realize that I’ve been on the mission for 11 months. 11 months!! That’s really, really crazy. The time here doesn’t make any sense, sometimes the day crawls away at an unbearably slow pace but other times it feels like there is just too much to do for way too little time. There are just too many people to baptize! I know they are there! There is just too little time in the day. Sometimes after a day of proselyting and then accompanying the district (oh, I think I forgot to say I’m district leader now) and passing all the numbers you realize you have 5 minutes to shower and go to sleep at 10:30. And then it seems like the blink of an eye later you are awake and doing it all over again.

But I’m happy here, really happy. It’s great to do this work all day, every day. Sometimes you get to P- day and have a couple hours just to lie around and rest and you just are antsy to get back out and teach the gospel.

I know it´s true and it´s found in this church
The Church of Jesus Christ

-Elder Leete