May 2011-May 2013

Kevin has been called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He has been assigned to labor in the Brazil Londrina Mission for two years and will be teaching the gospel in the Portuguese language. Kevin will not be using the internet while serving as a missionary. This site will be updated by me, his mom, as I recieve his weekly email letters and pictures. Enjoy!

Monday, February 13, 2012

The Importance of Prayer and Scripture Study


Hey everybody!

My pink eyes all cleared up and I’m on antibiotics for the throat and that’s a lot better too. I had to spend a lot of money on drugs so i used my card and will get the reimbursement from the mission in like a month. (yeah it takes forever) Also today I’m gonna have to buy groceries with my card, our mission allowance doesn’t fall until like Wednesday but we only go shopping on P-day so I gotta get food now.

My newbie´s doing real well, he can speak and understand a lot just not very fast.

L hasn’t stopped smoking yet, but she´s getting there so thank you for the prayers.

Hope everybody had fun; sounds like you guys are having a good time. (MORP)
Feliz aniversário Melissa!! Parabéns! I’m starting to feel really old now. . . .

I second everything that Matt had to say, that about describes the mission experience.
(Matt is Kevin’s friend serving in Poland.  He wrote: "I'm doing way good, it's so fun, this is better than anything else I have ever done, ya its hard ha-ha and I'm always tired but you can't describe the feelings, experiences, and miracles. It's unreal.")

In Brasil they don’t celebrate Valentine ’s Day, but in August they have a near equivalent `day of the boy/girlfriends´.

It’s hot here. It just stays at about 30 degrees Celsius all day, every day. Unless it rains in which it cools off a little.

Recently we have been teaching a good amount of families about the importance of prayer and scripture study in the family, something that I’m growing more and more grateful for that we did as a family in my whole life.   Really the secret about living a God-centered life is:

-personal prayer
-personal scripture study
-family prayer
-family scripture study
-ward prayer and ward scripture study (which happens at church)
-stake prayer and scripture study (which happens at stake conference)
-regional prayer and regional scripture study (at regional conference)
-Everybody prayer and scripture study (general conference)

If we do these things we will one day return and live with God, because that is how we get the strength to battle against Satan.

And that’s all I have time for today. I Exhort you all to do these things and Be Saved, it’s just that easy.

Love you,
-Elder Leete