May 2011-May 2013

Kevin has been called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He has been assigned to labor in the Brazil Londrina Mission for two years and will be teaching the gospel in the Portuguese language. Kevin will not be using the internet while serving as a missionary. This site will be updated by me, his mom, as I recieve his weekly email letters and pictures. Enjoy!

Monday, January 9, 2012

A Little about Londrina


Answers to mom’s questions about Londrina:
I hope you are adjusting to life in your new area.  So tell us about Londrina-

What is the city like?  Do they have apartment buildings?

It’s a bigger city like M where my first area was, there is a good amount of apartment buildings and other big buildings downtown, but I’m serving in the edge of the city so there aren´t too many. I’m living in an apartment that is in a closed apartment complex, a little bit like Wyview at BYU. it’s weird here, I’m used to cities like Portland that have like an urban sprawl for like forever, but the cities here have a definite end. In one direction there is neighborhoods and in the other nothing.



Any big department stores? 

Yes, they have department stores, but only downtown. But here we have a "Super Mufato" that’s just like a Safeway.



Parks?

There are a good amount of parks and stuff, and all of the parks have like exercise equipment made out of the same like metal as play structures so that old people can exercise for free.



Where do you do your tracting?

We tract only when our references we get from members run out in which we knock on doors, but we can’t in apartment buildings because they are always surrounded by wall and gate



How hot is it?

It's 30 degrees Celsius every day, all day. Except if it rains really hard, then it will drop down to like 20. Then the rain will stop and it will turn into a muggy 30 degrees again



Any dogs roaming the street?  (I remember that the dogs in Japan looked like ewoks and they even barked in Japanese: Wanwan!)


There are always a TON of dogs roaming the streets, I’ve gotten almost used to it, but the mission  has made me hate dogs. They are really ridiculously annoying. I don’t think a single dog in this whole country has been trained well. I really don’t understand why anybody likes dogs. If you send me another package it should have one of those ultrasonic dog trainer things so I can make them shut up.

But I’m out of time again, I’ve been trying to organize all the pictures and stuff that I’ve been taking but it’s really annoying when you only have one hour a week to use a computer.

love you all! Until next week!
-Elder Leete