May 2011-May 2013

Kevin has been called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He has been assigned to labor in the Brazil Londrina Mission for two years and will be teaching the gospel in the Portuguese language. Kevin will not be using the internet while serving as a missionary. This site will be updated by me, his mom, as I recieve his weekly email letters and pictures. Enjoy!

Friday, June 24, 2011

Last week in the CTM

(Jennifer wrote Kevin this week as the girls and I were at YW Camp and Brian was off in Montana visiting his dad. The letter she wrote can be found on our family blog:  leetefamily.blogspot.com). The following is the reply she recieved:

I think that the last time i saw him (Grandpa Leete) was like when i was twelve or fourteen. that limeade is definately brazilian, they love sweetened condensed milk in anything. it makes me happy that you are having fun in college, good luck with your BFA portfolio (but you dont need it, your stuff is really good).  My brasilian district is fun, i can understand almost everything if i pay attention, the hard part is paying attention all day, you get tired of not being able to communicate easily all day, I love sitting next to americans at lunch so my brain can take a break. my companion is from Acre, a state in the north of brazil, and so his skin is always cracking because of how "cold" and "dry" it is here. (its winter here and the weather is pretty much the same as Oregon in the summertime but with twice the humidity). This is my last 5 days here, i leave for Londrina on terça-feira(tuesday) early in the morning. today is one of Brasil´s random holidays, so the post office is closed so i cant send any letters, sorry everybody. I dont really know what else to say, no exciting stories this week, just lots of good little experiences in my classes learning how to teach. im really excited to get out into the feild, im starting to get impatient. but im also a little nervious, just like anyone is of the unknown. I Love you all, im headed to the outside world to see if any stores are open.  I Love you! write you again next week!