May 2011-May 2013

Kevin has been called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He has been assigned to labor in the Brazil Londrina Mission for two years and will be teaching the gospel in the Portuguese language. Kevin will not be using the internet while serving as a missionary. This site will be updated by me, his mom, as I recieve his weekly email letters and pictures. Enjoy!

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

June 8, 2011

The pictures are coming through just fine, it's great to see everyone ending shool well and stuff. I'm kind of detached from time here, I know what the date is but iI don't know how it actually applies to what people are doing. The days here turn into weeks and the weeks turn into days, I can't believe I've already been on my mission for a full month, it feels really weird.

I'm doing really well with the language, tomorrow I'm going to be switched into an all brasileiro district so im going to be forced to eat breath and think portuguese. give me a couple months and I think I'll be fluent. I have three weeks with the brazilian elders and then I'm off to Londrina. If I added my dates right that means I'm out like a week earlier than usual.

I don't really know what else there is to say, I sit in class all day learning the language and the lessons and that's about it. I enjoy teaching my Brazilian roommates how to speak English, they have such a desire to learn it they pick up the basics in like a week. I think the hardest thing at the CTM here is to stay awake after lunch, it's the biggest meal of the day and its nice and warm you just want to pass out in class. but I'm doing okay, you can't really sleep in class if there is only two people in your district.

O say thank you to Sister Chirdon for me I got her letter yesterday. Its cool to see the whole ward family is supporting me back home, I really know that I'm in the right place. I've grown a lot here at the CTM, I know that for sure.

I'm kind of jealous of your and dads generation where you just had to memorize all the discussions, seriously I think we have spent 50% of the last month just learnning how to get to know people and try to teach a lesson on what you think would help them the most. but I guess this method really emphasizes the importance of the individual and how they specifically need the gospel to be as happy as they can be. I truely have a testimony of this, the Gospel of Jesus Cristo really exists to make us happy in this life and for the eternities to come.

I love you all! Since last Monday was Labor Day I didn't get any letters today but I bet I'll get them tomorrow (unless you didnt send any, then you can just accept this guilt trip haha)       see you all later! love you!