May 2011-May 2013

Kevin has been called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He has been assigned to labor in the Brazil Londrina Mission for two years and will be teaching the gospel in the Portuguese language. Kevin will not be using the internet while serving as a missionary. This site will be updated by me, his mom, as I recieve his weekly email letters and pictures. Enjoy!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

May 18, 2011

I love you all so incredibly much! i dont know how i can possibly explain what a help and streangth you all have been to me my whole life! i have had the some of the most spectacular testimony building experiances in my life here at the CTM but as i look back it is all because i have been prepared my whole life by my wonderful parrents and family, i would not be here if it was not for you and i am eternally grateful for it. I cant print out my emails while im here and with the ticking timer in the corner of the screen im trying to do my best to remember this week. the days seemed very long at fist but the more time i spend here the shorter they become. Getting along with my companions is always a little rough, we dont exactly see eye to eye about how closely we should keep the MTC schedule and stuff, but its been getting a lot better, i just got to keep doing what im doing and hopefully they will come around and see the importance of following even the little random rules of what we should do when. we are learning a good amount about our purpose as missionaries and how to get to know and begin teaching investigators, but we spend a majority of the time working on the language which is quite boring, especially when my companions who actually need it nod off every five minutes. . . but i cant really complain, they have been getting a lot better and this week we are going to start actually trying to learn the lessons in portuguese so im really excited for that. i can speak well enough to hold a conversation with anyone here, as long as they speak slowly enough for me to understand.  We go to the temple every P day and i love it, the temple is beautiful. also after this me and my comps are gonna hit the town and see if we can get our hands on some delicious treats from a shop a few blocks over. its been really hot the past couple weeks but the past few days it has ben cooling down a lot, i might even wear a long sleeve shirt tomorrow. . . Im really glad to see you are all doing well! i hope that you all can feel the blessings of my service, i certainly am. I got my first letter from Rebecca Today!  its postmarked may 9th so maybe that gives an idea of how long it will take. please tell her that she is being the exact opposite of a distraction in every way; she seemed a little concerned about that. well i love you all so much! im running out of time! Tell jessica that i know she will do spectaculary on all her tests so not to worry about it. I love you all so much! i know, just like dad, that this church is absolutely positively true, there is no other explanation. tchau all!