May 2011-May 2013

Kevin has been called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He has been assigned to labor in the Brazil Londrina Mission for two years and will be teaching the gospel in the Portuguese language. Kevin will not be using the internet while serving as a missionary. This site will be updated by me, his mom, as I recieve his weekly email letters and pictures. Enjoy!

Monday, May 7, 2012

Responsibility means no Excuses

This week has been really crazy for me, being a lider (leader) really takes up all your time, and on top of that we opened a new area here so we have almost nobody to teach. But we´ve been working a lot with some recent converts to complete their families so let’s see if that leads to anything these next few weeks.

One of the weird things now is that I don’t have any excuses to say that I don’t know what I’m doing, I’m a leader now and have more than a year on my mission. If I don’t find any baptisms, it´s my fault, if my investigators aren´t progressing than it’s my teaching that isn’t good enough.

When you are a junior companion it’s easy, you just arrive, throw in your two cents and follow your senior. now it’s me that has to plan out my day all nice and neat, it’s me that has to have results, it’s me that will be found guilty at the last day if I don’t find that one soul the God put here to be taught the gospel, and on top of that I have to watch over 20 other missionaries to make sure they are doing the same things, and it’s my head on the chopping block if something happens to one of them.

It’s weird having responsibility, I don’t think I like it so much.

But other than that I’m doing great here in this new city of M. I owe you guys some fotos but I left my camera in the house so maybe next week you guys will get some. I’ll talk more next Sunday.

I love you all!

-Elder Leete
editors note: Kevin will be skyping me for mother's day!!!!!!!!!