May 2011-May 2013

Kevin has been called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He has been assigned to labor in the Brazil Londrina Mission for two years and will be teaching the gospel in the Portuguese language. Kevin will not be using the internet while serving as a missionary. This site will be updated by me, his mom, as I recieve his weekly email letters and pictures. Enjoy!

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Same Address

This marks the end of another transfer and I’m going to stay here for more area to finish off training Elder P, then I’ll definitely be moved out. This will be the first time I have stayed in an area for more than two transfers, but I’m seeing the area and ward grow so I think that me and Elder P can do really well here and I won’t get too bored of the place. That means too that you all should feel free to send me packages to this address!

 All letters should be sent normally to the mission office.
Yes they have daylight savings, its turning into fall here so a couple of weeks back we "fell" back an hour. It still is really summer weather here though, everyone is holding out for the rain to start up again to cool us down

We have a ward here with a frequency of about 100 people, the meetings are exactly the same as over there, I just miss having a nice big chapel with carpet and padded pews. The chapel here is really small and has nice hard ones to keep us awake during sacrament.
I just miss carpet in general, and being able to walk around your house barefoot.  Our floor in this house we´re in is straight cement with a layer of paint over it.

I haven’t had to speak here yet, but every once in a while I will give the lesson in principles of the gospel.
Our Young Women’s program in this ward is really strong, they have been really great about integrating our recent convert from last week. She even brought her friend to church this week who wants to get baptized too! Our baptisms are multiplying!

That’s about it for now, we area teaching a really cool family but that needs to get married before they can get baptized, but they have to wait for a previous divorcement paper to go through. In the meantime, pray for the parent´s hearts to be softened to let the kids be baptized. Two  girls, one 10 and one 8. R and A C. The parents are S and D.
Love you all! Remember to send me more peanut butter! (Feel free to send that as often as you want, if I have too much I can pawn it off to others for a lot!)

tchau!